Lucas Productions excels in providing outstanding event services for conferences, meetings, fundraisers, and kickoffs. Projectors, screens, microphones, and computers are the tools necessary to present at a conference. You can have all the tech tools you need but delivery is the key to ensuring the success of your presentation. We at Lucas Productions recognize this and hope the following series of techniques will aid in developing your next presentation. So you have followed the previous tips in our series… now let’s consider the delivery of your talk.
- Plan to get there a few minutes early to set up and test the equipment.
- Dress appropriately for your audience.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Leading experts on visual presentation techniques, advises speakers to always prepare a handout when giving a PowerPoint presentation.
- Make about 10% more handouts than you expect to use.
- Distribute handouts at the beginning of your talk.
- Jump right in and get to the point.
- Give your rehearsed opening statement; don’t improvise at the last moment.
- Use the opening to catch the interest and attention of the audience.
- Briefly state the issue or topic you will be discussing.
- Briefly summarize your main theme for an idea or solution.
- Talk at a natural, moderate rate of speech
- Project your voice.
- Speak clearly and distinctly.
- Repeat critical information.
- Pause briefly to give your audience time to digest the information on each new slide.
- Don’t read the slides aloud. Your audience can read them far faster than you can talk.
- If you plan to write on the slides to emphasize key points during the presentation, practice ahead of time. To select the writing tool right-click during the presentation.
- Keep your eyes on the audience
- Use natural gestures.
- Don’t turn your back to the audience.
- Don’t hide behind the lectern.
- Avoid looking at your notes. Only use them as reference points to keep you on track. Talk, don’t read.
In our next entry we will conclude this series in our blog. Lucas Productions provides total audio visual solutions for meetings and conferences in Clearwater, Tampa, St. Petersburg, and the entire Tampa Bay area. For more information, go to our website www.LucasProductionsUSA.com or call (727) 532-2122.